Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Engineers at work 2

During our tour of duty along the Expressway, while doing inspection to the debris flow net installed, I took several photos of my colleagues doing their tasks.

The following photo is one of my favourite shot. My colleague was doing his inspection on the debris flow net. It's nearly 12 noon and the sun rays peeping in between the branches and leaves resulting vertical streak of lights beaming onto the floor of the secondary jungle.

I was at the higher ground, shooting the unprecedented scene (for me). The light reflected from the piece of paper creating soft-lighting onto his face. I focused the lense at his right hand using partial metering mode.

Details: EOS1000D, 55mm focal length, apperture 5.0, shutter 320, ISO 400, no flash

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clever use of natural lighting. I'm quite impressed!

Norisam AR said...

Thank you, i'm still learning...