Thursday, November 22, 2012

"Water Fall"

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.
 
Many of us might have came accrossed photographs of waterfall with a nice smooth water flowing among the boulders. But how to capture the photo with the smooth water flowing effect? Today I would like to share my 2 cents experience on capturing those effects.
 
My visit to Japanese Garden at Bukit Tinggi had given me the opportunity to explore and experiment with photography. Lucky that I brought along my tripod during the visit.
 
The Japanese Garden is a garden with nice views, located about 3000m above sea level with cold weather. I was made to undestand that it was raining nearly everyday. A small stream flows through the garden, in between boulders and hard rocks, creating small waterfalls. Visitors have to walk through the garden to experience the beautiful scenary.
 
We came accross a small bridge crossing the stream with nice waterfall at upstream. Setting my EOS1000D on a tripod, I set the aperture to the smallest (f/22), lowest ISO that my camera have (ISO100), shutter 1/2 sec. and auto white balance. And the result... tadaaa....! :)
 
I wish that I have a Natural Density filter in order for me to get longer shutter exposure. Without the ND filter, shutter exposure time is limited. Longer than that, the image will be over exposed. For the time being, I satisfied with what I have.        
   
 
 
Waterfall view....
 
Thank you.

No comments: