Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fireworks: 1 Jan 2012


Assalamualaikum w.b.t.,

Today is 1 January 2012. As usual, at 00.00.00 midnight of 31 Dec 2011, many people went out to see the fireworks event held to mark the change of the year from 2011 to 2012.

Last night was my first attempt to capture fireworks event that marked the beginning of Year 2012. I left home at about 2315 with my motorcycle. I preferred motorcycle as I heard earlier that the road and highway might be jammed. To my surprise, I was caught in a heavy jammed as many vehicles were on the road towards where I was going to. The traffic jam was massive, and policemen were working hard in controlling the traffic.

I reached the site at 2340, being delayed by the traffic jam in contrast to the usual expected travelling time that I will manage to get there in about 10 minutes with normal traffic. I parked at the side of Federal Highway, near to Sungai Rasau Toll Plaza, facing I-City in which the fireworks will be held. After setting-up the camera and pre-focus the scene, I waited. There were many other photographers with their gadget, already waiting for the event.

At about 00.00.00 midnight, suddenly the fireworks started, shooting towards the dark night sky with its tremendous sparks and thunder. At the first shot, I used 20" exposure with 22 aperture no. and ISO100. Then I changed to 8" exposure time with the same setting for the rest (to get more shots as I don't want to cramp everything in just 1 shot).

It was beautiful trail of light with black night sky as the background.  The crowd were full with cheers looking up into the sky. However, the event only last for several minutes and I heard some of the crowd expressed their frustration. Maybe it doesn't worth with the traffic jam that they need to face to come to the site.

For me, mission accomplished, and I started my journey back home. Here are some of the photos to be shared. Please enjoy the photos.       








Thank you.

3 comments:

laily said...

Very nice pictures.

Unknown said...

askm Noris...
Semalam saya pergi ke Desa Park city..it was well probably almost 10 minutes of cpntinous firework overlooking other places as well. InsyaALLAH, there will be the same event to mark our Merdeka day. It was all worthwhile last nite. Spectcular indeed, although I 'celebrate' Awal Muharram rather than THE new year. BTW, nice pics! Well done!

Norisam AR said...

Thank you, Laily, Ereen,

Thank you for all your comments. I appreciate them...